We’re a small but mighty team, who love putting ours heads together to get the best results for you! Meet the people behind Braeside Wealth.
Lance Swansbra – Principle Adviser
Originally from a country town west of Parkes, his family owned a farm in a small part of the world called Bogan Gate. Growing up in the country was a great experience, it taught Lance that it’s important to be honest, to work hard and that helping others carries its own reward.
“Braeside” was the name of Lance’s Grandparents property. This is a special place that holds many memories for Lance and his family. As it was such a big part of Lance’s past, it felt only natural to carry on the name, into the future.
Lance has two young daughters. When he’s not spending time with his family, you might find him at the beach where he’s (slowly) learning to surf, supporting the Canberra Raiders or enjoying the company of good friends, food and wine.
Lance holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Newcastle, is a Certified Financial Planner® and a Chartered Accountant, Financial Planning Specialist.
Maryanne Sternbeck – Business Manager
My job is to make you feel welcome and to make working with us feel easy (along with keeping ‘behind the scenes’ running smoothly). Unlike Lance, I’m not mad about numbers or charts, but I’m super organised, a great multitasker and love getting things done quickly and efficiently.
What does success mean to me?
I love the quote from Henry David Thoreau, ’Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.’
Success to me means having enough time and money to be able to really enjoy life.
2 things I would love to do in future
Visit Paris and enjoy their croissants, cheese and wine
See the Northern lights
Three fun facts about Maryanne
- I can juggle – My first job was at Floogles Fun Factory
- Went cage diving with sharks in Hawaii and loved every minute!
- I’m a trained Dental Technician – just in case you need some dental advice
William Lucas – Client Service Administrator
William is motivated and driven in both his studies and his personal life. He’s calm, focused and super smart and just as a bonus he’s an all-round nice guy. Will’s a Newcastle local, he’s currently studying Commerce and Business at the University of Newcastle, while he works part time here in the office. His goal is to become a Financial Planner and we think he has a bright future ahead.
- I love travelling and I got to go on a Sports Tour through Europe with some of my closest friends in high school
- I love to eat multiple bowls of Weet-Bix for brekky every morning without fail, it’s my absolute staple food
- If I didn’t work in finance I would love to be a lifeguard and work at the beach every day
Abigail Aldave – Client Service Administrator
Abi is one of the most positive people we have ever met, she’s always got a smile on her face. She’s smart, focused and committed to always doing a great job. Abi holds a Bachelor Degree in Management and Accounting. Abi is a certified Bookkeeper and prior to joining our team worked with an insurance firm for 3 years.
My favorite quote or mantra…
‘Kindness is contagious but worth spreading’. Little do we know, our small acts of kindness changes how a person sees life.
Favorite TV show
I wasn’t really a fan of TV shows until Lance introduced me to Brooklyn 99! I can watch it over and over again and still laugh so hard. Amazing show!
Three fun facts about Abi
- I love volleyball, so much! I feel most alive when I’m playing the sport.
- Going on an adventure is how I take a breather. Right now, free diving is on the top of my bucket list.
- It may sound crazy, but I don’t eat fish.